As we prepare to say adios (goodbye) to January and de nada (you’re welcome) to February, it’s my dream that you’ll begin to view personal growth in a different way, and focus on investing more in your personal growth in order to champion positive changes in your life.
Personal growth (and development), in simple terms (my own understanding), refers to the quest to and the steps taken by an individual to become more mature, happy and successful; it is the process of becoming your ideal self to lead a fulfilling life. Whether you’re new to it or not, these ten (10) transformative quotes that motivated me to embark on my personal growth (and development) journey, may empower you too. Read on.
1. If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living. — Gail Sheehy
2. Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change. — Jim Rohn
3. Unless you’re continually improving your skills, you’re quickly becoming irrelevant. — Stephen Covey
4. Personal development is the belief that you are worth the effort, time and energy needed to develop yourself. — Denis Waitley
5. I tell people everywhere I go that my success began the day I started focusing on developing who I am as a person. — Eric Thomas
6. If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. — Henry Ford
7. When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. — Victor Frankl
8. Investing in yourself is the best investment you will ever make. It will not only improve your life, it will improve the lives of all those around you. — Robin Sharma
9. Your personal development goals can lead you forward to a more rewarding life despite challenges, or trials. You do have a choice and you do have the option. — Byron Pulsifer
10. Transformation is not five minutes from now; it’s a present activity. In this moment you can make a different choice, and it’s these small choices and successes that build up over time to help cultivate a healthy self-image and self-esteem. — Jillian Michaels
So yeah! These quotes did the magic for me; they gave me a reason to invest in my personal growth, embrace positive change, and lead a fulfilling life, irrespective of the challenge I faced and the number of times I had to come out of my comfort zone. And I hope they did inspire you to do same.
The truth is, embarking on my personal growth journey has opened up a new world of opportunities and possibilities I had no idea existed; and I look forward to sharing my understanding of what it is and my experiences so far (both the roses and thorns) with you in a couple of posts under my A Bit Of My Life segment, so stay tuned.
For now, I would love to hear from you. Have you started your own personal growth and development journey? Or are you now considering starting your journey?